Do You Need to Update Your Online Business Branding?
Posted 25 January 2021
Have you had the same old logo and branding for a while? There might be some extremely important questions you need to be asking yourself when it comes to your online business branding. That’s why we put together a quick article looking over your branding, and whether or not you should be updating it. Whether you’re an e-commerce site or a brick-and-mortar company, here’s a guide on whether you should be updating your branding.
Why Would You Need to Update Your Branding?
As a business competing in today’s increasingly busy online marketplace, it’s vital to think about the way your business is perceived online. Your online business branding is your shop front. It’s your business card, in short, it’s your professionality as well as authority in your industry. Neglect these elements, and you might as well be neglecting your entire business.
Effective branding is always going to be key when it comes to marketing and success online in general. But why would you need to update your branding? And when should you do it?
- Outdated or Bad Logo – Is your old logo letting you down? This has to change, as quickly as possible. Self-explanatory, really.
- Change in Business Model – If your business is pivoting to a new area or industry, you should be thinking about changing the way in which your business presents itself to the marketplace.
- When Marketing Is Going Poorly – If things have consistently been underperforming in the marketing area, it might be time to think about updating your online business branding. Without effective branding, you could be selling your entire business short.
What Should You Be Thinking About?
When it comes to your online business branding and creating new colour schemes and a logo. There are several elements that you should be focused on in order to make sure your rebranding process is as productive and successful as it can be. Here’s a couple of things you should be thinking about.
- Identifiability – This is always going to be about creating an identifiable business. That’s the whole point of branding and the rock upon which your marketing and customer loyalty is built.
- Brand History and Loyalty – Incorporating elements of your businesses current branding. Along with making sure to retain older customer loyalty can prove absolutely vital when making it clear to existing customers that you’re still the same old reliable business you’ve always been.
- Application – How is the new online business branding and logo going to be used? What are you going to be putting it on?
The Importance of Staying Up to Date with Online Business Branding
Thriving through online business branding has never been more vital than it is nowadays. Without a unified front as a business. You’re likely to be limiting your potential growth as a business in a huge number of ways. Not to mention the competition that’ll always be ahead of you by virtue of their branding. In a virtual world, branding is the glue that ties your customer’s perception of you together.